Telehealth Appointment Links:
PROVIDERS WILL ONLY SEE PATIENTS WITH SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS FOR THAT DAY!
ALL OTHERS WILL BE DISCONNECTED!
TELEPSYCHIATRY AND TELETHERAPY SESSIONS
We realize most of our clients are new to Telehealth visits and it can seem intimidating. Please know that our knowledgeable staff is here to help you get connected. Please call our office at (586) 773-6020 if you need assistance. We encourage you to test the connection prior to your visit to ensure a seamless appointment with your psychiatrist or therapist.
Telepsychiatry and Teletherapy provides convenience and increased accessibility to psychiatric care for clients who are unable to be treated face-to-face due to temporary circumstances such as physical limitation, being away at an in-state college or an extended stay away from home which prevents a client to travel to our office. These services are not meant to replace in-person care but to enhance it.
We will be providing Telehealth services thru DOXY.ME, which is a HIPAA compliant company. You do not need to register or sign up with any of these companies. DOXY.ME offers information for patients on how to receive services thru their platform. Please visit their website to find out more information. If you do not have the capabilities to connect using video conferencing, our office is able to provide services via telephone.
We will do our best to streamline the process but we will need your assistance. You must understand the following:
1) You will need to call your insurance company to verify "Behavioral Telehealth Benefit" is covered under you current policy. For your convenience, we have created a form for you to call and inquire regarding your benefits. Click document to access Insurance Verification Form.
2) You must be a resident of the State of Michigan to be able to receive Telepsychiatry and Teletherapy services.
3) You must provide written and/or verbal consent on an annual basis for us to be able to provide Telehealth Services. Click to access online Consent Form.
4) You must call our office at (586) 773-6020 to request your scheduled visit to be changed to Telehealth services and provide our staff with a valid cell phone number or e-mail address.*
5) You must pay all balances, deductibles, co-payments and co-insurances when requesting the appointment change or at the time of scheduling the appointment. Payments can be made on our website. Click to access online PAYMENT.
6) You must have a computer, iPad, Tablet Smartphone or similar devices with internet access to be able to conduct Telehealth services.
7) You will need to grant Doxy.me, Vidhealth and Doximity access to your camera and microphone prior to your visit. Please download the Patient Check In Flyer to help get prepared for your first call or view the demo video below.
*Some services may not be deemed appropriate for Telehealth visits and our provider have the right to deny the request. The request will be determined on a case-by-case basis by your health care provider. In such cases, our staff will communicate their recommendation. Additionally, all Telehealth visits be adhere to our office hours and will not be available after hours.
INSURANCE COVERAGE AND BENEFITS:
We continue to provide telehealth visits. This incudes, audio/video and telephone visits. It is important for patients to contact their insurance company and verify that telehealth visits are covered for their individual plan. There are no standard benefits or policies when it comes to telehealth visits. Our office does it's due diligence to verify benefits but we are informed that the quoted benefits are not a guarantee of payment. If a patients insurance denies payment, the patient is ultimately responsible.
If telehealth services are not covered by your insurance company but you are still interested in receiving these services, we are able to offer them to you on a private pay basis. Please do not hesitate to contact our office at (586) 773-6020 to get our fees and / or to schedule a telehealth appointment.
Updated November 28, 2022